Thursday 28 February 2013

New Story is Live on the Interwebs!!!- The More Things Change: A Tale of the Aether Age.

Another one of my short stories has just gone live over on the Alternate History Weekly Update blog. Yay!

It's called The More Things Change: A Tale of the Aether Age, it's set in Las Vegas and it's a humorous look at what happens when you put citizens of the various north American nations of The Aether Age in the same room. I'm quite chuffed by how it worked out.

It's actually for a competition they're running on the website called Balkanize Me! which got my attention. Balkanization is when a country essentially falls apart into many smaller nations which is exactly what happens in The Aether Age. My entry was late so I'm not sure I can win but every visitor to the story counts as one point towards deciding the winner.

Either way, it was a good excuse to explore The Aether Age's political landscape in a funny way and got me writing at speed, which is always a good thing.

It's free to read, so have at it. And remember: if you like the writing, compliments are the food of artists. Our egos must be sustained :)

That's two stories on the interwebs! Wow. I must be a writer now...

And if you're visiting the website for the first time you can find my other published short story in the free promotional anthology the Dieselpunk ePulp Sampler which is available for free at Kobo, Smashwords, GoodReads, WattPad, and a whole stack of other places. It's also available for 99c at Amazon and still coming to iBooks which is why I haven't done a big announcement yet - cause it's awkward pointing someone to a free ebook when it's being sold for 99c. Avoid if possible but if you really need that Amazon version it's there too.


No comments:

Post a Comment